Pre-booked student access to spaces and equipment
Students enrolled in classes with face-to-face components will have access to studios and equipment rentals that are necessary for them to complete their courses.
We will provide access to SoCA spaces/equipment to students in the following face-to-face course:
- VA 283: Photography studio, equipment rentals
Students enrolled online learning courses will be provided access to some spaces in C building and SoCA equipment.
We will provide access to SoCA spaces/equipment to students in the following online course:
- VA 180: Mac lab, Equipment rentals
In order to access spaces on campus, students will need to:
- Students must complete the COVID-19 Safety Orientation for Students on Blackboard and email an image of their certificate to their instructor.
- Self-assess for symptoms of COVID-19 and stay home from campus if experiencing any symptoms.
- Follow current guidelines on wearing masks in public spaces while in C building.
- Observe all directional markings on the floors in C building and wait in designated areas outside studios/labs, as marked.
- Sanitize hands upon entering spaces, after touching common surfaces, and when leaving spaces.
- Observe physical distancing in all workspaces and working only at marked workstations/work areas.
- Students will need to email their instructor to request access to the Mac lab, other studio spaces, or equipment rentals. There will be no drop-in access to spaces or for equipment rentals.
- Instructors will only approve requests for students who do not have access to software/equipment on their own.
- Students will need to book times in SoCA spaces using the Booking labs website. Students will receive login credentials for the website after their instructor has approved their request.
- Equipment rentals will need to be booked in advance.