Every year, millions of dollars in scholarships and awards are processed and disbursed to UFV students through UFV Financial Aid and Awards. If you receive excellent grades, you may qualify for a scholarship. Not an 'A' student? If you are a leader, involved in a range of activities such as community service, student activities or volunteer work, you may qualify for a leadership award. International students may apply unless otherwise noted.
The deadline for applications is May 10th unless otherwise stated.
College of Arts
Contact Financial Aid
33844 King Road, Abbotsford, B.C., V2S 7M8
Toll- Free (Canada): 1-888-504-7441 ext: 4601
Where can I apply?
Unless otherwise noted, applications for UFV scholarship and leadership awards are completed online through your myUFV account.
- Log in and click on 'Student Information'.
- Click the 'Financial Aid' tab at the top of the screen.
- Click 'Award Application' and complete your application! Please provide your referee(s) with a copy of this Scholarship Reference Letter Guidelines document.
Please note, UFV Entrance Scholarship awards, have a different application process, deadline, and criteria than UFV scholarship and leadership awards. Please contact us should you have any questions and/or concerns. Scholarships may be subject to change.
Art History Annual Scholarship
- 1999 David Saito
- 2000 Jaime Dehnke
- 2001 Erin Armstrong
- 2002 Joseph Blessin
- 2003 Catherine Adamson
- 2004 Peggy Bradshaw
- 2005 Kerri Leeper
- 2006 Tara Akins
- 2007 Megan Arundel
- 2008 Fiona Moes
- 2009 Fiona Moes
- 2010 Dian Grant
- 2011 Marin Beck
- 2012 David Seymour
- 2013 Candice Okada
- 2014 Terrill Smith
- 2015 Andrew Muth
- 2016 Marilyn Batten and Pamela Hunt
- 2017 Alyssa Rice and Chantelle Fawcett
- 2018 Lori McEachern
Writing Across the Curriculum Competition
Art History students who have received writing prizes:
- 1997 Kathy Davis - lower-level research category.
- 1998 Sandi Dressler "Toward a Future Hope: An Analysis of Augustus Egg's Past and Present" - critical analysis lower-level category
- 2002 Adam Neufeld "Photography and its Consequences"- critical analysis lower level and Joseph Blessin "The Pre-Oedipal M/other and Child and the Search for the Female Phallus: Feminine Absence, Psychoanalysis and Art Through the Ages" - critical analysis
- 2003 Janet Smith "Henry Fuseli: A Study of the Sublime" - critical analysis
- 2004 Megan Arundel "The Female Nude, the Male Gaze and Artemesia Gentilechi's Susanna and the Elders" - critical analysis
- 2005 Kelsey Wilson "Beyond Naturalism: Salvador Dali's Dreamworld" - First-Year Research Informative category
- 2014 David Seymour, "Undoing the Colonial Gaze: Adrian Stimson, Kent Monkman and 'Two-Spirit' Representation in Indigenous Art."-Explorations of Marginality category.
For more information on the Writing Across the Curriculum Competition, please contact the Academic Success Centre.