Back to Faculty & Non-Teaching Faculty
- Ph.D, Simon Fraser University
- M.C.A., University of Ottawa
- M.A., University of Toronto
- Crim 100: Introduction to Criminology
- Crim 104: Sociological Explanation for Criminal and Deviant Behaviour
- Crim 210: Youth and Young Offenders
- Crim 460 (now CRIM 240): Comparative Criminal Justice Systems
- Serious and Violent Young Offenders
- Juvenile Justice
- State Torture
- Political Terrorism
- Alcohol, Drug, Gaming, and Internet Addiction
- 2006 Corrado, R.R. & Cohen, I.M. “Taking ‘Being Prepared’ Seriously: How Current and Future Leaders can Address Current and Future Terrorist Trends.” Every Officer is a Leader: Coaching Leadership, Learning and Performance in Justice, Public Safety and Security Organizations. Edited by Terry Anderson, Kenneth Gisbourne, and Patrick Holliday. Canada: Trafford Publishing.
- 2005 Corrado, R.R., Cohen, I.M., & Davies, G. “Social Capital and Community Crime Prevention Programs.” Social Capital in Action: Thematic Policy Studies. Ottawa: Policy Research Initiative.
- 2005 Corrado, R.R, Watkinson, A., & Cohen, I.M. “Theoretical and Empirical Developments in the Utilization of Psychopathy as a Predictor of Serious and Violent Young Offending.” Forensic Psychology and Law: Facing the Challenges of a Changing World. Edited by Alicja Czeredercka, Teresa Jaskiewicz-Obydzinska, Ronald Roesch, and Jozef Wojcikiewicz. Krakow: Institute of Forensic Research Publishers.
- 2005 Cohen, I.M. and Corrado, R.R. “State Torture in the Contemporary World.” International Journal of Comparative Sociology. Vol. 46 (1-2), 103-131.
- 2005 Cohen, I.M. “A Review of Russell D. Howard and Reid L. Sawyer’s Defeating Terrorism: Shaping the New Security Environment.” Police Practice & Research: An International Journal. Vol. 6 (2), 201-208.
- 2004 Cohen, I.M., Corrado, R.R., & Beavon, D. “Urban Aboriginal Victims of Crime and their Police Reporting Practices.” Canadian Journal of Police and Security Services. Vol. 2 (1), 387-396.
- 2004 Corrado, R.R., Cohen, I.M., & Cale, J.L. “Aboriginal Resource Access in Response to Criminal Victimization in an Urban Context.” In Jerry White, Paul Maxim, and Dab Beavon (eds.) Aboriginal Policy Research. Volume 2. Toronto: Thompson Education Publishing.
- 2004 Cohen, I.M. and Corrado, R.R. “Housing Discrimination Among a Sample of Aboriginal People in Winnipeg and Thompson, Manitoba.” In Jerry White, Paul Maxim, and Dab Beavon (eds.) Aboriginal Policy Research: Volume 1. Toronto: Thompson Education Publishing.
- 2004 Corrado, R.R., Vincent, G.M., Hart, S.D., & Cohen, I.M. “Predictive Validity of the Psychopathy Checklist: Youth version: Psychopathic Symptoms and Recidivism.” Behavioral Science and the Law. Vol. 22.
- 2004 Cohen, I.M., Corrado, R.R., & Cale, J.L. “The Challenges Posed by Serious and Violent Young Offenders to Criminal Justice Policymakers.” In Ermino Gius & Sabrina Cipolletta (eds.) Per Una Politica D‘intervento Con I Minori In Difficolta. Milan: Angeli.
- 2003 Corrado, R.R, Cohen, I.M., & Marino, F. “Violent and Non-Violent Young Offenders: A Comparison of Demographics, Multi-Problem Profiles, and Psychopathic Traits.” In M. Vanderhallen, G. Vervaeke, P. Van Koppen, & J. Goethals (eds.) Much Ado About Crime: Chapters on Psychology and Law. Belgium: Politeia.
- 2003 Cohen, I.M. and Corrado, R.R. “Spain.” Encyclopedia of World Terrorism: 1996-2002. New York: M.E. Sharpe.
- 2003 Cohen, I.M. and Corrado, R.R. “A Future for the ETA?” In Dilip K. Das & Peter Kratcoski (eds.) Meeting the Challenges of Global Terrorism: Prevention, Control, and Recovery. New York: Lexington Books.
- 2003 Corrado, R.R., Cohen, I.M., & Odgers, C. “Multi-Problem Violent Youth: A Challenge for the Restorative Justice Paradigm.” In E. Weitekamp & H. Kerner (eds.) Restorative Justice In Context: International Practice and Directions. United Kingdom: Willan Publishing.
- 2003 Corrado, R.R., Cohen, I.M., Glackman, B., & Odgers. C. “Serious and Violent Young Offenders’ Decisions to Recidivate: An Assessment of Five Sentencing Models.” Crime and Delinquency. Vol. 49 (2) April.
- 2003 Cohen, I.M. “A Review of John A. Winterdyk’s Juvenile Justice Systems: International Perspectives, 2nd Edition.” International Journal of Comparative Criminology. Vol. 2(1).
- 2003 Cohen, I.M. and Corrado, R.R. “A Review of Jonathon White’s Terrorism: An Introduction, 3rd Edition.” International Journal of Comparative Criminology. Vol. 2(1).
- 2002 Corrado, R.R. and Cohen, I.M. “A Needs Profile of Aboriginal Youth in Prison.” FORUM on Corrections Research. Vol. 14 (3) September.
- 2002 Corrado, R.R., Odgers, C., & Cohen, I.M. “The Incarceration of Female Young Offenders: Protection for Whom?” (REPRINT) in Thomas Fleming, Patricia O'Reilly, & Barry Clark (eds.) Youth Injustice: Canadian Perspectives. Toronto: Canadian Scholars’ Press Inc.
- 2001 Corrado, R.R., Cohen, I.M., & Odgers, C. “Teen Violence in Canada.” In Randal Summers and Allan Hoffman (eds.) Teen Violence: A Global Perspective. San Diego: Greenwood Publishers. (20 pages).
- 2001 Corrado, R.R., Odgers, C., & Cohen, I.M. “Girls in Jail: Punishment or Protection.” In R. Roesch, R. R. Corrado, & R.J. Dempster (eds.) Psychology in the Courts: International Advances in Knowledge. Amsterdam: Harwood Academic.
- 2000 Corrado, R.R., Cohen, I.M., Hart S, & Roesch R. “Diagnosing Mental Disorders in Offenders: Conceptual and Methodological Issues.” Criminal Behaviour & Mental Health, Vol. 10: 29-39.
- 2000 Corrado, R.R., Odgers, C., & Cohen, I.M. “The Incarceration of Female Young Offenders: Protection for Whom?” Canadian Journal of Criminology. April: 189-207.
- 2000 Corrado, R.R., Cohen, I.M., Hart, S., & Roesch, R. “Comparative Examination of the Prevalence of Mental Disorders Among Jailed Inmates in Canada and the United States.” International Journal of Law and Psychiatry. Vol. 23, No. 5-6: 633-647.
- 1999 Corrado, R.R. & Cohen, I.M. Terrorism: A Study Guide. Burnaby: Simon Fraser University Press. (85 pages).
- 1999 Corrado, R.R. & Cohen, I.M. “State Torture.” In Lester Kurtz (ed.) Encyclopedia of Violence, Peace, and Conflict. San Diego: Academic Press. (30 pages)
Back to Faculty & Non-Teaching Faculty