What Documentation is Required by the Disability Resource Centre?
Documentation for physical and mental health disabilities can be provided by an appropriate practitioner in the field. This documentation of disability can be completed by a family doctor or specialist in the area (for example, psychiatrist).
Acceptable documentation of disability must include:
- The documentation must be less than 5 years old
- Clearly state the specific diagnosed disability
- Must indicate the educational impact of the condition on your studies
- Medical assessor must clearly indicate how your disability impacts you on a daily basis
- Must contain a statement indicating the condition as a long-term disability*
- Must contain a signature from the certifying professional
* Short-term injury may qualify for accommodations on a semester-by-semester basis.