Don't quite meet the requirements? Not to worry. Qualifying Studies (QS) at UFV can help you achieve your academic goals. You'll meet with an advisor to create a plan that will help you meet the entrance requirements for your program of choice.
You may consider Qualifying Studies if you:
- don't yet meet specific program entrance requirements
- have missed a university program admission deadline
- are not ready to enter a program, but want to take a few courses to get started
- want to explore their interests before applying to a certificate, diploma, or degree program, or
- need additional coursework for their professional development
Qualifying Studies students are required to:
- meet with an Academic Advisor prior to completing 30 credits to develop an education plan that identifies developmental-level and university-level courses required to meet their goals, and
- be accepted into a certificate, diploma, or degree program by the time they have completed 30 university-level credits (i.e., courses numbered 100 and above)
Note: Developmental‑level credits (i.e., credits earned for courses numbered below 100) do not contribute to the 30‑credit limit.
Questions? Contact the Advising Centre
Book an appointment with an advisor using the online booking system.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.