Ike Barber Transfer Scholarship Program
The Ike Barber Transfer Scholarship is open to students who, after completing one year (minimum of 30 credits) or two years (minimum of 54 credits) of study at a BC public post-secondary institution, will transfer their credits into full-time studies at another public post-secondary institution in BC to complete their degree.
Successful applicants must demonstrate academic merit as well as significant involvement in their community and/or school.
Up to 160 scholarships worth $5,000 each are available in 2019 under the Ike Barber Transfer Scholarship program. The program is offered by the Irving K. Barber BC Scholarship Society, administered by the Victoria Foundation.
The Ike Barber Transfer Scholarship Program is open to students who:
- Have completed their 1st year of full-time studies with a minimum of 30 transferable credits at a BC public post-secondary institution (regardless of whether the particular credits transfer into their specific program) and who must transfer in order to complete their degree
- Have completed their 2nd year of full-time studies with a minimum of 54 transferable credits at a BC public post-secondary institution (regardless of whether the particular credits transfer into their specific program) and who intend to transfer in order to complete their degree
- Have a B GPA on the best 30 credits, if transferring after 1st year, or on the best 54 credits, if transferring after 2nd year.
In addition, scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to students who:
- Are Canadian citizens, permanent residents (landed immigrants), convention refugees or protected persons living in Canada; and
- Are residents of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residency at an address in BC for at least 12 consecutive months prior to the enrolment date at their new institution; and
- Have clearly demonstrated significant volunteer community and/or school involvement, supported by two reference (standardized form)at the time of application; and
- Are beginning full-time studies at a new school between May 1, 2018 and April 30, 2019. (Full-time is defined as 60% of a full course load.)
- Students selected for a Transfer Scholarship will only receive the award after the Society confirms final grades with their sending institution and confirms their full-time enrollment at their new school in the program named in their original application.
- Students who have not yet completed the required credits (30 or 54) before the application deadline but will complete the required credits before transferring are eligible to apply.
- Transfer credit information is available online at www.bctransferguide.ca. Credits cannot be transferred from a completed 3 or 4 year degree.
- Students with a break in studies of 10 months or more between leaving their old school and starting at their new school are not eligible for a Transfer Scholarship, except in extenuating circumstances (e.g. medical).
APPLICATION AVAILABLE FROM: www.ikbbc.ca
DEADLINE & AWARD DATE: February 28, 2019
(Completed applications and all documentation must be received in the financial aid office at the institution you are transferring from (leaving) no later than February 28, 2019. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified in early May 2019