Money for Education: repayable sources
Will I Be Able to Pay it Back?
Individuals are more successful when they know in advance how much they will have to borrow to finance education. In this module learners will research and explore repayable sources of funding and develop a plan to supplement non-repayable sources of funding if necessary. It is assumed that you have chosen a career, worked out a budget for the length of their programs, and have developed a working portfolio of non-repayable sources of funding.
Using information researched around different repayable funding sources, you will develop a plan for making informed choices around financing your education and repaying money borrowed to pursue post-secondary studies.
At the conclusion of this module you will be able to:
- List all repayable sources of funding available in British Columbia.
- List the sources of funding available in British Columbia that will
work with your funding portfolio.
- Calculate how much money you will need to borrow.
- Calculate how much money you will have to pay back.
- Determine how you will repay the money you have borrowed.
- Develop a comprehensive plan for borrowing and repaying student loans.
- List trouble-shooting tools when things don’t work out exactly as planned.
Government and bank student loan application forms