BC Student Emergency Assistance Fund
The Government of British Columbia announced that the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training provided public post-secondary institutions with funding to provide emergency financial assistance to BC students who may be experiencing financial hardship. The emergency assistance will be:
- for full and part-time students (minimum course load of 6 post-secondary credits/semester);
- funding priority will be given to students who have accessed student loans (including student lines of credit) and/or grant funding first;
- for British Columbia domestic students;
- to address short-term, unplanned and unexpected financial hardship
- Must be registered in a minimum of 6 post-secondary credits at UFV
- Must demonstrate extreme financial need
- Application must be complete - budget and emergency expenses must be filled in
- Must provide a written detailed explanation of your emergency situation
- Do not submit photos of the application or letter - you may submit as a PDF and/or word document.
Students who meet the specified criteria may apply within their study period.
If you do not meet the specified criteria above, please contact the Financial Aid and Awards office at email@example.com to discuss options that may be available to you.
Complete the pdf fillable BC Student Emergency Assistance Fund application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. A telephone appointment may be required - students will be contacted within 5 - 10 business days of application submission.