Internationalization is made up of a wide range of academic and professional activities, organizational policies, procedures and strategies – which integrate an international dimension or perspective into teaching, training, research and service functions of the university” (BC Council for International Education, 2004).
The FHS Internationalization committee will act as a resource to faculty and students concerning international opportunities for health sciences students and faculty.
We believe that health professionals in Canada must contribute to the
advancement of global health and equity. (CNA, 2005)
We believe that international health partnerships increase global opportunities for
students and faculty.
We believe that nursing, dental and kinesiology and physical education programs should educate students to function in the global community.
We believe that internationalization should be a concept inherent throughout the health sciences faculty.
1. Liaise with curriculum committees within the Faculty of Health Sciences in integrating internationalization into the curriculum.
2. Serve as a coordinating body for international activities/projects/partnerships within the Faculty of Health Sciences.
3. Act as a resource for international opportunities for faculty and students (eg. conferences, study tours).
4. Liaise with UFV International for support and guidance in establishing international learning opportunities for faculty and students with the Faculty of Health Sciences.
5. Collaborate with other nursing, kinesiology and dental assistant programs to develop international partnerships/opportunities for students and faculty.
Faculty International Opportunities
Nurse Educator Volunteer position at Aga Khan University - East Africa. For position details visit this link.
Members of the FHS Internationalization committee:
Alison Pritchard Orr