Move-in and housing orientation
Welcome new and returning students! The UFV Housing Operations and Campus Leaving teams have developed several resources to help you feel confident about moving into and living in Lá:lem te Baker.
On this page you will find information about when you can move in, how to book your move-in date and time, and ideas on what to bring.
Congratulations on confirming your room in UFV On-Campus Housing!
Below you will find everything you need to help make your move-in a smooth and welcoming experience.
Winter 2024 Move-In: January 2, 2024
Arriving BEFORE or AFTER the official move-in date
If you cannot move-in during the official move-in period or on your scheduled date, please contact email@example.com immediately.
- Please note that there is an administrative fee of $200 for those who do not move in on their assigned date/time (or show up without an appointment) and additional nightly charges of $25 per day may apply.
- *This includes Athletes
Attend our fun and informative events designed for students moving into housing. These events are a great way to make connections with your 'neighbours', and to settle in before classes start.
What to bring with you
The 'What to Bring' checklists below provide an overview of items typically needed by students living in student housing. This is not an all-inclusive list; if you are unsure about an item, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What NOT to bring with you
Here are a few items that are not allowed in on-campus housing (or they are already provided):
- Window mounted air-conditioner
- Furniture (no additional furniture)
- Grills with an open heat element
- Grills or hotplates
- Halogen lights, including lava lamps
- LED light strips (e.g. from Amazon - the adhesive tears paint off the walls)
- Iron & ironing board (provided in laundry rooms)
- Microwave (provided)
- Space heater
- Air fryer
- Toaster oven