Computer purchase plan
Operating on a first-come, first-serve basis, the Computer Purchase Plan is a convenient option for UFV employees interested in purchasing a basic desktop computer, laptop or tablet. The UFV Computer Purchase Plan allows employees to pay for the purchase interest free over a 12 month period.
Who is eligible?
All UFV permanent and temporary Faculty and Staff (excluding Auxiliary I & II employees) are eligible to participate in the plan once every three years as per Canada Revenue Guidelines.
What does the plan cover?
The plan is intended to assist as many employees as possible to acquire a personal home computer; therefore, the plan will only cover the cost of:
- a new computer system; desktop computer, laptop or tablet
- accompanying peripheral device: keyboard, mouse
- the cost of upgrading an existing home system: memory, hard-drives, monitors, printers, and scanners.
The plan covers the cost of a computer system to a limit of $2,000 including PST & GST. If the system you choose is more than $2,000, a cheque for the difference must accompany your purchasing paperwork (purchase requisition and payroll deduction authorization form). Employees also have the option of applying their Training and Development fund to cover a portion of the cost of the purchase. Please visit Training and Development Allowance for more information.
*This plan does not cover software (e.g. Microsoft Office, Antivirus Software). Software purchases may be applied for separately through In-Service Professional Development.
Beginning the first pay period after your purchase is processed, 24 equal payments are deducted from your pay cheque over a consecutive 12-month period until the balance is paid. If you are an employee with a term contract, the cost of your system will have a corresponding schedule of deductions over the term of your contract.
How do I get started?
- Your first step is to pick up your UFV Computer Purchase Plan package at Human Resources. For those not near the Abbotsford campus, A288, please email us or call, 604-854-4554, ext. 4554 and we can send a package to you.
- In your package you will find details on vendors that accept UFV purchase orders and those that do not. UFV will purchase the computer on your behalf but you are welcome to choose the Vendor given they accept purchase orders from UFV.
- Once you have completed the paperwork; Supply Purchase Requisition and Payroll Deduction Authorization form, the UFV Purchasing department will place the order on your behalf.
- Your purchase will be delivered to UFV’s Shipping & Receiving department unless you make arrangements to pick up your system from the vendor or have the vendor deliver it directly to you. If you have chosen to have your shipment sent to you or you pick-up, please sign, date and return the invoice included and return to Accounts Payable.
The vendor you choose to buy your system from must accept a purchase order from UFV. Some large cash and carry retail chains do not accept purchase orders; confirm by asking, “Will you accept a purchase order from the University of the Fraser Valley?”
The Computer Purchase Plan stipulates that your computer system must be ordered through UFV's Purchasing Department. The plan will not reimburse individuals who order and buy systems themselves.
The computer system you order must be a complete, single package. This plan does not allow for add-ons at a later date.
To request a Computer Purchase Plan package, please contact Human Resources:
A288 - Abbotsford Campus | ext. 4554