IN-SERVICE PD | Resource Materials
Maximum $450 per year for any combination of the following:
- Professional memberships
- Resource materials
Effective April 1, 2014, only one PD application and expense claim may be submitted each fiscal for resource materials and professional memberships combined.
Common resource materials include books, journals, and software.
For faculty, the resource material must be applicable to the faculty member’s educational background and to the relevant professional area. For staff, the resource material must directly relate to their current or near future personal professional growth at UFV.
Common guidelines to follow include:
- Items purchased are a University resource intended for the use of an individual UFV employee
- Software purchases are University owned resources that are provided to develop and upgrade job-related skills
- Fund does not cover departmental required resources and materials (i.e. department software purchases)
- Duplicate copies of resource materials will not be reimbursed
- Benefit of purchase must be primarily to the employer
Acceptable software purchases for use to develop and upgrade current job related skills include:
- Microsoft Windows operating system and upgrades
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Fire walls/anti-virus/pop-up blocks
- Software required for a credit course or Continuing Studies course
Please Note* As a UFV employee, you are eligible to purchase Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 for home use at a substantially reduced price through the Microsoft Home Use Program ( HUP ). For more information please visit IT Resources for Employees.
All departments are encouraged to develop an ongoing list of acceptable resource materials.
Please Note* that as a non-taxable benefit, goods purchased with In-Service Professional Development funds remain the property of the University until such time that fair market value equals $0, at which time ownership is transferred to the employee. Duplicate copies of resource materials will not be reimbursed.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
Your application must be submitted to and approved by your supervisor and a scanned copy received at email@example.com PRIOR to attending an activity or making a PD purchase. Should you submit your PD application after the fact; your application will not be accepted.
REIMBURSEMENT OF EXPENSES
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Lee Newbery
by email or by phone at 604.504.7441 local 5133.
◄ IN-SERVICE PD