Welcome to the Global Development Institute at UFV
UFV students do summer work in Africa with UN affiliates
Students from UFV spent the summer in Africa working with UN-affiliated programs on initiatives aimed at educating women, and engaging in community planning with a primary school in rural Tanzania.
One project involved working with the Girls in ICT Portal, a UN affiliate designed to help girls prepare for careers in information and communication technology. Through this program, the UFV students hosted a seminar aimed at teaching young women how to work with technological tools used for urban development.
Read the full story here.
Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT) and the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) website: www.scholarships.gc.ca.
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC)
- This information is of interest to Canadian and non-Canadian students, faculty and academic institutions.
"There is a multiplicity of awards offered by an array of different Canadian Government departments and units," said Jennifer Humphries, Vice-President of Membership and Scholarships of CBIE and Team Leader for the DFAIT programs. "Now there is a one-stop shop for all major government international scholarships."
Global Development Institute Annual Reports
GDI Annual Report 2010-2011
GDI Annual Report 2009-2010