Stay on track at UFV
A successful university experience involves more than just attending classes. UFV International provides a variety of support services to help you be successful. Use the resources below to make the most of your UFV education.
See an advisor to plan your course work
Advisors can help you choose courses and explain university procedures, but ultimately you’re in charge of planning your studies. It’s up to you to:
- Schedule and attend appointments with your advisor
- Meet course and program requirements
- Change your program if you have met the entrance requirements of your goal program. Program changes are not automatic.
Register on time
As an International student you have priority registration if you register on your registration date (found on myUFV, approximately two weeks before registration starts). If you register after that date you may find yourself on a class waitlist.
- The tentative timetable is available first, followed by a full timetable which is usually made available online two weeks before registration.
- Not sure how to register? Check out registration resources. You may also either attend an info session or a drop-in to ask a question. Check the info session and drop-in schedule.
- Your semester fees must be paid at the time of registration so plan ahead to have your fees ready.
Renew your study permit before it expires
To stay in Canada and study at UFV, you need a valid study permit. Apply to renew at least 90 days before the expiration of your study permit. View more info about study permit renewal.
If you need documentation from UFV to renew your study permit, secure a scholarship, or request funds for your bank, make sure you plan ahead and request a letter well in advance of your deadline.