New UFV computer account access at time of hire
A UFV computer account allows access to the UFV network files and email on campus and remotely.
Inital access to a UFV computer account is setup by the IT Service Desk and may take up to ten business days during peak volume periods.
Only department heads, deans, directors, or department assistants can submit a request to the IT Service Desk to setup a new employee computer account.
Please copy and fill in the following information when emailing your request for a new employee access:
- First and last name
- Employee number
- Job title
- Primary campus
- Office number
- Telephone number or local
- Expiration date of account
- Network access restrictions
- Department G drive access (optional)
- Budget code (for Print/Copy)
Once the new account is setup, IT Service Desk sends the username and temporary password to both the department requestor and the new account holder.
Read instructions for a new employee for first time UFV computer access:
- Your username is usually their last name and first initial (ex. smithj)
- Your password is the IT temporary password until they log into a UFV networked computer where they will be required to change it at first login.
- Your new password must be at least 8-12 characters long and must contain a combination of lower and upper case letters, numbers, and special characters.
Banner is a program used for institution-wide record keeping.
Only department heads, deans, directors, or department assistants can submit a request to the IT Service Desk to setup Banner access.
Request access to Banner for an employee
Website content editing
Public facing pages on the UFV.ca website is maintained by the Marketing team in University Relations.
Permission to edit web pages within the UFV.ca website are granted to employees, faculty or staff by approval of the department head.
Edit website content
A URL redirect is a web server function that sends a user from one URL to another.
For example, if you type in ufv.ca/nso into your browser, it will redirect you to ufv.ca/current-students/new-student-orientation/
Website redirects are useful for users if they don't want to type in your whole URL but rather a shorter one.
To request a redirect URL to a website:
- Use the link below to go to the Request for Services portal.
- Log into the portal using your UFV computer account (lastnameFirstinitial).
- Follow the instructions provided.
Get a website redirect
A subdomain of a website is a domain that is a part of the main domain.
For example, there are several sub-domains on UFV.ca's main domain, such as:
Subdomains for applications on the UFV.ca domain are reviewed, setup and managed by IT Services.
Request a new subdomain
Event and guest wireless access
Please copy and fill in the following information when emailing your request.
Name of UFV guest or event:
Date/period access is required for:
Number of users