Charges for Lost or Damaged Items
Library patrons will be billed the following costs for lost items or damaged items. Any accrued overdue fines and recall fines will be added to the charges below.
- Monographs (catalogued) - Replacement cost
- Uncatalogued books (dictionaries) - $10.00
- Government Publications - $20.00
- Videocassettes/DVD's - Replacement cost (Minimum $50.00)
- Video Guides/Manuals - $2.00 - $20.00. To be determined on an individual basis.
- Video/DVD Cases - $3.00
- Reserve Books - Replacement cost
- Reserve Readings - $5.00
- Newspapers (per issue) - $5.00
- Magazines (per issue) - $20.00
- Scholarly Journals (per issue) - $50.00
- Bound Periodicals (per volume) - $100.00
- Language cassettes and cd's - $10.00
- Art Slides - $15.00 (per slide)
- Library Card (replacement card) - $10.00
- If patron provides a replacement copy of a book (same edition) - $10.00 processing fee
- Damaged charges will be assessed per item.
If a patron returns a lost and paid item within 12 months, a partial refund is available.
March 25, 2013 bp