Customer Service Philosophy
The UFV library’s customer service philosophy reflects its commitment to deliver the best library services to its community of users in a welcoming environment that is safe, respectful, conducive to learning, and accepting of diversity. The library supports all users’ learning needs by practicing the following customer service philosophies:
- We will strive to deliver the best possible service according to users’ needs and available resources.
- Users and staff will treat all members of the UFV community and each other with professionalism, courtesy and respect.
- We will respect and protect the privacy of users.
- We will empower users to be independent and informed learners.
- By teaching information competency we strive to develop a learning culture for all users that supports their learning needs.
- We will be responsive to our community of users and encourage dialogue about the library.
- We uphold the principle of intellectual freedom as stated by the Canadian Library Association Statement on Intellectual Freedom.
(2013) Last updated January 29, 2016 bp