UFV Library Food and Drink Policy
There are different food and drink rules for different areas of the library. Please help us provide a respectful environment for all library users by following the rules for the area you are in.
The purpose of this policy is to guide users to:
- maintain cleanliness in the library
- prevent damage to collections, furnishings, and equipment
- prevent food noise and odours from disrupting people and quiet study areas
|Away from Computers||At Library Computers||In Computer Labs|
(AB G180 and CEP A1202)
- Covered drinks
- Snack foods that:
- Do not disturb or harm others
- Are not messy, loud, or aromatic (e.g., fresh fruit, granola bars, bagels, donuts)
- Open drinks
- Hot/warm food not complying with above (e.g., french fries, burgers/hot dogs, pizza, entrees, soup)
Users are expected to dispose of their garbage in the appropriate containers located in the building. Please ask library staff if you need cleaning supplies.
Library staff reserve the right to determine which food and drink items are acceptable.
Patrons who refuse to comply with this policy will be asked to leave the library.
Last updated Jan 18, 2018 mam