A Linking Fellowship for a Visiting Scholar is designed to assist a UFV faculty member, and/or academic unit, build upon an existing or nascent collaborative partnership in support of creative and meaningful research, scholarly, and/or artistic activities, or creative and meaningful academic curricular program development. The funding is meant to help cover the costs of travel and accommodation of the visiting fellow during their visit to UFV.
- Term: 1 year
- Value: up to $3,000; shared office/creative space in the Collaboratorium at the Chilliwack Campus
- Deadline: Ongoing; applications will be accepted and adjudicated until funding has been exhausted.
Faculty members at universities other than UFV.
- Within one year, the successful applicant will work with UFV communication staff in PARC to submit a social media or news article highlighting the achievements accomplished with the funding.
- Within one year the successful applicant will submit a maximum one-page final report highlighting the outcomes and results of the fellowship.
- Acknowledge UFV in any resulting publications.
- A maximum two-page letter of nomination by a UFV faculty member. The letter should:
- explain the project that the nominee and sponsoring UFV faculty member intent to undertake together (highlighting its contribution to advancing knowledge), and,
- the appropriateness of the nominee to working on that project with the UFV sponsor (i.e. a brief outline of the nominee's qualifications and relevant academic accomplishments), and,
- outline how this project fits with the theme of peace and reconciliation.
The Adjudication Committee will be guided by a desire to recognize applications that are poised to make a significant contribution to the advancement of knowledge through research, scholarly and artistic work within any disciplinary or inter-disciplinary field and that contributes to the broad goal of promoting peace and reconciliation among and between people, organizations, and nations.