Publication Celebration 2017
Tuesday, February 21
12:30 – 2:00 - Room A225
The Research, Engagement & Graduate Studies office is hosting an informal reception to showcase faculty accomplishments in publication.
The event is immediately following the Faculty Microlectures.
You are invited to submit your publication and participate in stimulating interdisciplinary networking, examine the creative productions of your colleagues, enjoy good food and a chance to be inspired!
What to submit:
- A copy of your published piece for display at the event (peer-reviewed journal article, authored or co-authored book or book chapter, edited or co-edited book, video, etc.). New submissions from 2015-2017 will be accepted. For online articles, please print a hard copy for display. Books will be returned after the event.
- A PowerPoint slide that captures something about your publication. Include your name, department, your photo, and title of the publication. Include an image related to your publication (e.g., book cover, photo of you on location, student research assistants, etc.). These can be similar to the ones faculty did for the 2015 publication event (see below). The purpose of the slide is to generate discussions and connections. Be creative! There are prizes and the slides will be posted on the web!
Where to submit:
- Send or drop off your hard copies to Deborah Block in G290 (Library, upstairs, far left corner behind the books).
- Send your PowerPoint slide to Deborah.Block@ufv.ca.
When to submit:
- Deadline to RSVP and submit your publication and PowerPoint slide is Tuesday, February 14
Publication Celebration 2015
Publication Celebration Slides and Photos
Agriculture's Connection to Health: A summary of the evidence relevant to British Columbia
Prepared for the Population and Public Health Program Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA)
Lisa J. Powell, PhD, Postdoctoral Researcher, Agriurban Research Centre, University of the Fraser Valley and University of British Columiba
Lenore Newman, PhD, Canada Research Chair in Food Security and the Environment, University of the Fraser Valley
Melanie Kurrein, MA, RD, Provinical Manager Food Security, Population and Public Health, Provincial Health Services Authority
link to publication
Those were the days, my friend
At age 24, Mona Fertig opened The Literary Storefront.
November 17th, 2015
Peter Haase and Mona Fertig when the Literary Storefront opened; now they're book publishers.
Trevor Carolan ensures acquaintances will not be forgot with The Literary Storefront, The Glory Years, Vancouver’s Literary Centre 1978-1984.