If you need to change any part of your Research Supplementary Fund project due to COVID-19, please complete a "Research Supplementary Fund (RSF) Request to Change” form in ROMEO. See ROMEO tutorials for instructions.
Funds available for urgent COVID-19 research
There is an immediate need for research that contributes to our knowledge of COVID-19; its impacts on society, the economy, and government; ways to contain the spread; and ways to improve public health response and patient care. We encourage proposals to the Research Supplementary Fund to support COVID-19 related research. Review of applications for COVID-19 projects will be expedited where possible. Possible research questions could include:
- Public health response and countermeasures
- Supporting healthcare system response (infection prevention and control, and best practices to protect healthcare workers)
- Case studies of sectoral impacts, associated responses, prevention, and control and best practices to support healthcare workers
- Risk communication, information sharing, and knowledge translation
- Combatting misinformation, stigma, and fear
- Dynamics of response and recovery in remote, island, coastal, and Indigenous contexts
Duration: all funds must be spent before March 31 (all funds follow the UFV fiscal year schedule)
Application Deadline: none
Results Announced: within 3 weeks of receipt (longer if application volume is high)
Funding Amount: up to $6000
The Research Supplementary Fund is designed to provide UFV faculty with funding for direct costs of small-scale research. Eligible activities include:
- Pilot research or other small-scale initiatives designed to lead to external funding applications or partnerships
- Projects that leverage this funding in applications for external funding or partnerships, special purpose, or limited funding for important research activity
As our budget is limited, this fund is not intended to be used as an ongoing sole support for a research program.
All Type B faculty are eligible to apply for these funds.
These funds are not intended to fund an ongoing research program. Instead, they are designed to initiate research activity that will lead to larger, externally funded projects or to be leveraged with external funds when necessary.
Faculty members who have received a ROSA grant for research time release may apply to this fund for supplies and other research costs associated with their ROSA-funded research.
Faculty members may only hold one RSF grant per year, and all previous outstanding ROSA, SIG, and RSF related reports must be complete before you may apply for this grant.
The application for the Research Supplementary Fund can be found in the ROMEO portal.
- Log in to ROMEO, click “Apply New,” and select "Research Supplementary Fund"
- Complete all tabs
For this grant you will be required to provide a detailed Project Description, Budget, and Budget Justification.
If this funding is requested to leverage a project funded elsewhere, you may include PDFs of your project description from the other application.
See: ROMEO tutorial on How to Apply for Funding
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria. Applications that do not meet minimum requirements for funding will be rejected or asked to revise and re-submit.
- Importance and originality of the proposed research
- Potential for high quality student training
- Potential for impact within UFV’s communities and beyond
- Significance of proposed research to the advancement of faculty member’s research program and profile
- Potential of proposed research to leverage external research funds or to lead to external funding application/opportunity