UFV Research Support
Teaching Research Option (RO)
Scholarly Activity Option (SA)
Applications for the 2018/19 Academic Year are now closed.
Research Options and Scholarly Activites are offered annually to UFV faculty.
Below is detailed information for teaching faculty members on how to submit an application for an RO or SA release for the 2019-20 academic year:
- Application Deadline will be Wednesday October 31, 2018.
- Determine which application stream best fits your proposal.
- The application form has all instructions and guidelines.
- Complete the Research Option and Scholarly Activity Option Form. There is a separate form for major grant holders.
- Send a copy of your application package to your Department Head and Dean for their information.
- Submit your application by emailing ROSA.firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to attach all supporting documents. Your email with the application is considered the signed application form.
- Once submitted, applications will be distributed to the appropriate subcommittee.
- The Teaching Faculty Research Option subcommittee and the Scholarly Activity Option subcommittee function as separate committees.
- As in the past, the 80 releases in total available to both committees will continue to be used to support approved research and scholarly activities.
Review of applications will normally be completed by January 31, 2018.
Forms from the previous application round:
ROSA Application Form 2018-2019
ROSA Handbook Guidelines 2018-2019
RO Grant Holders Form 2018-2019
RO SA Request to Change Form 2016-17
RO SA Project Guidelines 2016-2017
Final research reports for the 2017-18 year are required and must be submitted to the Research Office by September 11, 2018. A reminder email, along with a report template and instructions, will be sent to faculty who receive Research Option or Scholarly Activity releases.
If you are submitting a final report for your 2017-2018 Research Option or Scholarly Activity release, please use the 2017-18 ROSA Final Report Form.
Please email ROSA.email@example.com.