SSHRC Institutional Grants
Call for Proposals 2018-2019
The UFV Research Office was successful in its application to the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) for an Institutional Grant (SIG) and is now issuing a call for proposals.
The call for proposals is for research projects in social sciences and humanities under the theme of Community, Justice and Cultural Engagement. The applications have to fall within the eligibility requirements of SSHRC. If you have a Health related application please contact Yvette Fairweather before applying.
- The maximum funding available for each project is $7,000.
- All funds must be spent by March 31, 2019. Any remaining funds will not carry over.
- The budget should match the scope of the research.
- At least 50% of the budget should be dedicated to hiring student research assistants.
- The grant will cover costs of travel by faculty or student research assistants that is required for conducting the research.
- The grant will not cover the cost of attending conferences.
Applications will be peer reviewed by a five member committee and recommendations will be made to the AVP, Research, Engagement and Graduate Studies. For 2018 only, the timeline is:
Application DEADLINE: April 30
Review Committee decisions: May 30
Research Office will notify applicants by June 1
Grant recipients must acknowledge SSHRC support for their research or research-related activities.
For more information regarding the call for proposals, please contact Yvette Fairweather.
To apply, please complete the SIG Application Form and submit it electronically to Yvette Fairweather in the UFV Research Office:
SIG Application Form 2018-19
SIG Call for Proposals 2018-19
SIG Review Process 2018-19
UFV gratefully acknowledges the support of the Tri-Council Granting Agencies (SSHRC, NSERC & CIHR) through their Research Support Fund and financial contributions to the UFV Research Office.