Tri Council Grant Opportunities and Deadlines 2018
|Funding Opportunity || Deadline |
|Partnership Engage Grants
||June 15, 2018
NSERC Discovery Grant Notice of Intent Webinar 2018
NSERC Grant Opportunities
NSERC Discovery Grant
NSERC Discovery Grant NOI - Now mandatory
The Notification of Intent to Apply for a Discovery Grant is now mandatory. Please note the following:
- NOIs must be submitted directly to NSERC via the online system.
- NOIs must be received by August 1, 2017
- NOIs will not be accepted after the deadline.
- Applicants who do not submit an NOI by this date will not be eligible to submit the full application in November for the 2017 competition.
If you require further information, please contact Brad Whittaker.
Discovery Grants Program supports ongoing programs of research (with long-term goals) rather than a single short-term project or collection of projects. These grants recognize the creativity and innovation that are at the heart of all research advances, whether made individually or in teams. Researchers are free to work in the mode most appropriate for the research area.
Discovery Grants Program assists in:
- promoting and maintaining a diversified base of high-quality research capability in the natural sciences and engineering in Canadian universities;
- fostering research excellence; and
- providing a stimulating environment for research training.
Notice of Intent Deadline: August 1, 2017
Internal Application Deadline: Oct 24 2017
Application Deadline: November 1, 2017
Please click here for application information and program details
NSERC Engage Grant
Engage Grants are designed to give companies that operate from a Canadian base access to the unique knowledge and expertise available at Canadian universities. These grants are intended to foster the development of new research partnerships between an academic researcher and a company that have never collaborated before, by supporting short-term research and development projects aimed at addressing a company-specific problem in the natural sciences or engineering fields.
Please note that applicants seeking funding for travel and meeting activities to establish contact with new potential industrial partners should apply for an Interaction Grant.
There is no deadline for the Interaction Grant and the Engage Grant.
Please click here for the application and more details.
CIHR provides funding opportunities for four themes of health research:
- Health systems services
- Social, cultural, environmental and population health
CIHR accepts all health realted research proposals, regardless of the stage they are in.
CIHR has smaller partnership and catalyst grants that are ongoing. Please check here for a list of all open grant opportunities.
CIHR's funding opportunities and deadlines vary.