If you are organizing an event on behalf of the university, Risk & Safety provides resources to help you plan with safety in mind.
Event planning during COVID-19
UFV continues to encourage virtual meetings and events whenever possible to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
If you are planning an in-person event, these documents will help you do so safely:
- On-campus events
- Event Health & Safety Plan Template
- Event Meeting Safety Orientation for Participants
Arranging for security services at your event
UFV's security team is responsible for all security coverage during events taking place on UFV campuses.
- Please get in touch with us to arrange your security coverage at least four business days before your event. (If you submit a request less than four days before your event, you may incur additional costs.)
- We may request a meeting to discuss the details of your event
- Cost info:
- All security costs, including overtime and stat holiday pay if applicable, will be covered by your event budget
- Guards are booked for a minimum shift of four hours
- Last-minute requests for event security may incur additional costs
- Be sure to submit separate event booking requests to Student Services and/or Facilities Management
Ceremonies and Events office
UFV's Ceremonies and Events Office provides additional resources and checklists to assist you with planning university events.