Invited Lectures & Talks (2012 -
- Evaluating effects of neonicotinoid pesticides using fish cell lines. ToxTalks 2015, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC
- Survival through one of the top 10 deadliest earthquakes: Peru 1970, Abbotsford learning Plus, Abbotsford Recreation Centre, February 3
- Sustainability in the face of a megathrust earthquake, Green UFV talk and Discovery Speaker Series, UFV Geography, March 12
- Neonicotinoid pesticides and the Bees, Chilliwack Rotary Club, Chilliwack, BC, April 24
- Microsporidians. Intro to Mycology Guest lecture, BIO370, A261, UFV, September 30
- Goal 14: Life below water. UFV and the 2030 UN Sustainable Development goals. SUB, October 13
- Cascadia & Megathrust Earthquakes, Tapestry for thought presentation, UFV Elder College, Chilliwack, November 4
- Space waste monitoring and Sapphire, Cheam Probus (Chilliwack) January 23
- Oil sands and fish cell lines. Abbotsford Learning Plus, Abbotsford Recreation Centre, February 4
- Nosema and bees, fish and human health. Richmond Bee Club, BC, May 17
- Nosema: A story about bees, fish and human health. Maple Ridge Bee Keepers Association, BC, June 23
- Non-mammalian cell cultures to the rescue, how they can help apiculturists. Langley Bee Club, Langley, BC, September 2
- Sapphire and space junk , Tapestry for thought presentation, UFV Elder College, Chilliwack, November 19
- Development and applications of non-mammalian cell lines to biotechnology, aquaculture and apiculture. Physiology group, Dept of Zoology, UBC, January 23
- Sustainability in Space and Earth. UFV’s role with Sapphire. Green Speak Series, Centre for Environmental Sustainability, UFV, Abbotsford, BC, February 19
- Evaluating Toxicity and remediation strategies in oil sands process-affected waters using fish cell lines. Green Speak Series, Centre for Environmental Sustainability, UFV, Abbotsford, BC, April 2
- Potential contributions of non-mammalian cell lines to biotechnological advancements in agriculture and environmental sustainability. Discoveries Speaker Series, Geography Department, UFV, Abbotsford, BC, September 19
- Sapphire satellite and sustainability in space. Abbotsford Learning Plus, Abbotsford Recreation Centre, October 1
- Sustainability in space and the Sapphire Surveillance Satellite. Cheam Probus (Coast Hotel, Chilliwack) October 15
- Microsporidian Research, Guest lecture for Mycology BIO370, A255, UFV, November 4
- Scientific Investigation with Fish Cell lines. International Congress for Scientific Investigation. University of Cesar Vallejo, Trujillo, Peru, September 22
Google Scholar (1986-present)
- Smith RW, Wang JX, Mothersill C, Lee LEJ, Seymour C. 2015. Proteomic responses in the gills of fathead minnows (Pimephales promelas, Rafinesque, 1820) after 6 months and 2 years of continuous exposure to environmentally relevant dietary 226Ra. Int J Radiation Biol. 91(3): 248-256. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/09553002.2014.988894?journalCode=irab20
- Vo NTK, Chen C, Lee LEJ, Lumsden JS, Dixon B, Bols NC. 2015. Development and characterization of an endothelial cell line from the bulbus arteriosus of walleye, Sander vitreus. Comparative Biochem Physiol-A 180: 57-67. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1095643314002256
- Vo NTK, Bender AW, Lee LEJ, Lumsden JS, Lorenzen N, Dixon B, Bols NC. 2015. Development of a walleye cell line and use to study the effects of temperature on infection by viral hemorrhagic septicaemia virus (VHSV) group IVb. J Fis Dis 38(2): 121-136. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jfd.12208/epdf
- Vo NTK, Mikhaeil MS, Lee LEJ, Pham PH, Bols NC. 2015. Senescence-associated β-galactosidase staining in fish cell lines and primary cultures from several tissues and species, including rainbow trout coelomic fluid and milt. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 51(4): 361-371. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11626-014-9837-z
- Gignac SJ, Vo NTK, Mikhaeil MS, Alexander JAN, MacLatchy DL, Schulte PM, Lee LEJ. 2014. Derivation of a continuous myogenic cell culture from an embryo of common killifish, Fundulus heteroclitus. Comparative Biochem Physiol A. 175:15-27.
- Vo NTK, Bufalino MR, Hartlen KD, Kitaev V, Lee LEJ. 2014. Cytotoxicity evaluation of silica nanoparticles using fish cell lines. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol–Anim. 50(5): 427-438.
- Sansom B, Vo NTK, Kavanagh R, Hanner R, MacKinnon M, Dixon DG, Lee LEJ. 2013. Rapid Assessment of the toxicity of oil sands process-affected waters using fish cell lines. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol.-Animal 49(1): 52-65.
- Scholz S, Sela E, Blaha L, Braunbeck T, Galay-Burgos M, García-Franco M, Guinea J, Klüver N, Schirmer K, Tanneberger K, Tobor-Kapłon M, Witters H, Belanger S, Benfenati E, Creton S, Cronin MTD, Eggen RIL, Embry M, Ekman D, Gourmelon A, Halder M, Hardy B, Hartung T, Hubesch B, Jungmann D, Lampi MA, Lee LEJ, Léonard M, Küster E, Lillicrap A, Luckenbach T, Murk AJ, Navas JM, Peijnenburg W, Repetto G, Salinas E, Schüürmann G, Spielmann H, Tollefsen KE, Walter-Rohde S, Whale G, Wheeler JR, Winter MJ. 2013. A European perspective on alternatives to animal testing for environmental hazard identification and risk assessment. Reg Tox Pharmacol 67(3): 506-530.
- Dayeh VR, Bols NC, Tanneberger K, Schirmer K, Lee LEJ. 2013. The use of fish derived cell lines for investigation of environmental contaminants – An Update following OECD’s fish toxicity testing framework n• 171. Current Protocols in Toxicology 56: 1.5.1–1.5.20.
Conference Presentations 2017-
- Boyd TM, Lee LEJ (2018) Long-Term In Vitro Culture of Olfactory Cells from Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Presented as a poster at UFV Undergraduate Research Day. Apr 5, 2018. ***Winner of UFV’s Student Research Day - President’s Award***
- Hay BN, Boyd TM, Sidhu HS, Moghrabi K, Oberoi V, Lee LEJ (2018) Evaluating potential cytotoxicity and genotoxicity of neonicotinoids with fish cell lines. 45th Canadian Ecotoxicity Workshop, Vancouver BC, Sep 30 - Oct 3, 2018, poster #23 Monday Oct 1. **Second Place Winner of Best Poster award at 45th CEW**
- Dayeh VR, Linton L, Hamilton M, Pham PH, Lee LEJ, Bols NC (2018) Evaluating the toxicity of beauvericin to rainbow trout intestinal epithelial cells at different temperatures. Annual Meeting of the Society for In Vitro Biology. St. Louis, MO. June 2-6, 2018, poster A2002
- Boyd TM, Gomez JM, Navarro SA, Lee LEJ (2018) Initiation, characterization and culture of olfactory cells from adult rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). 57th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Zoologists, Saint John’s, NL, May 7-11, 2018
- Webb TH, Boyd TM, Kobes VG, Navarro SA, Lee LEJ (2018) Establishment and characterization of mesothelial cell lines from rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). 57th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Zoologists, Saint John’s, NL, May 7-11, 2018
- Lee LEJ, Sidhu H, Kobes V, Pumputis P, Bols NC (2017) RTgutGC and RTS11-GFP Cell Lines as In Vitro Models to Study Fish Gut Physiology and Enteritis. Annual Meeting of the Society for In Vitro Biology. Raleigh, NC. June 10-14, 2017, poster A3014
- Sidhu H, Lee LEJ (2017) Trout enterocyte-macrophage co-culture system using RTgut-GC and RTS11-GFP cell lines as in vitro models to study gut physiology and enteritis. 56th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Society of Zoologists, Winnipeg, MB, May 15-19, 2017