In the event of an emergency, please call 9-911 from a UFV phone for police, fire,
and /or ambulance assistance. After calling 911, call the Security Operation Centre at 1-855-282-7770 (local 7770) so that we can direct emergency responders to asset you.
Campus First Aid
1-855-282-7770 (Local 7770 from a UFV phone)
- Abbotsford campus, Security office - B120a
- CEP campus, Security office - A1115
- Trades & Technology Centre, Security office - T1108
- Mission Heritage Park Centre, Administration office - D135
Emergency First Aid procedures
In the event of an injury to a student or employee, the following procedures are to be followed:
If you are a witness:
- Stay Calm.
- Safeguard the scene.
- Care for the injured, as you may be trained to provide.
- Send a bystander, or if alone, go to the nearest telephone and call the emergency number: 1-855-282-7770 (local 7770 from a UFV phone).
- Remain with the patient until trained help arrives.
- Assist emergency responders and provide any information they request.
If you are an Occupational First Aid attendant:
- Secure the scene.Treat the patient, as required.
- Authorize bystander to call for transportation (ambulance or taxi).
- Collect names of witnesses.
- Complete necessary reports as required by WCB and/or UFV.
If you are Security personnel:
- Secure the scene.
- Provide any assistance as required by the Occupational First Aid Attendant.
- Call for transportation as requested by the Occupational First Aid Attendant (ambulance or taxi).
- Await the arrival of the ambulance and direct them to the scene/location of victim.