Educational Enhancement Fund
The Student Educational Enhancement Fund (SEEF) was established to support student learning and development outside of the classroom that is directly related to a student’s program of study and educational goals, so that their experiences can be brought back to benefit the greater UFV community. This award fund is intended to support co-curricular activities (activities that do not result in academic credit) of students who are erolled ongoing, or who have recently graduated.
Normally, the following types of expenses will be funded:
- Travel including flights, ferries and hotels
- Registration including conference, workshops, memberships and professional development.
- Materials including research supplies and presentation supplies.
- The SEEF does not cover food expenses, gas or mileage.
Please be aware that we will only reimburse/fund for expenses explicitly approved in the application.
- The EEF is not available to be used for tuition, books, student fees, or other costs related directly to academic course work.
- Students are limited to a maximum award of $500 per academic year (September 1st-August 31st).
- Approval is subject to availability of funding each semester and volume of requests received.
- Funding requests must be submitted a minimum of three weeks prior to the start of the event/activity that the fund will support. Failing to do so will result in the potential decline of your application if your event happens prior to the request being approved.
- Funding is available to graduating students who's activity is in the same semester as their convocation. For example, students convocating in June will have until August 31st. Students gradauating in December will have until April 30th, and students graduating in August will have until December 31st.
"EFF is a great resource that UFV offers for students to enhance their leadership skills! The funding helped me register and fly to a leadership conference out of province and acquire certain management skills that I could bring back for the well-being of UFV Residence!" - Anish Bahri, EEF recipient 2013
Submit your application online
- SEEF Checklist
- Submit application for approval a minimum of three weeksprior to the start of the proposed event/activity.
- Use the above online form to submit your application.
- Applicants must be a current student and enrolled in courses at UFV for the upcoming semester, or be a graduating Student who's proposed activity occurs in the same semester as their graduation.
- The Education Enhancement Fund application form must accompany a minimum 200 word proposal explaining the nature of the event and how it is related to the student’s educational goals. (Please refer to the UFV Proposal Guidelines for Educational Enhancement Funding noted below.)
- A letter of support from a faculty member.
- Other supporting documentation related to the activity (conference brochures, websites, etc.) will be helpful in the adjudication process.
- Submission of a short written report is required following the activity, outlining how the learning outcomes were met (these reports are forwarded to UFV Senior Administration &/or the UFV Board of Governors).
Members of student clubs or associations
Any clubs, associations or groups of three or more students attending the same conference/event or activity are limited to a potential $200 each, and must submit their own applications.
UFV Proposal guidelines for educational enhancement funding
Only word-processed proposals will be accepted (minimum 200 words).
The proposal should address how the activity contributes to the students' educational goals. Proposals that can clearly show a link between UFV's Institutional Learning Outcomes and the proposed activity will be given priority.
The proposal should clearly indicate the dollar amount being requested with a breakdown of types of expenses. If support is being solicited from more than one department at UFV, that information should be included.
- Proposals that do not include a basic budget, which outlines projected revenues, donations or requested donations and anticipated expenditures, will not be considered.
Submit your application online
For other types of financial assistance, students can contact Financial Aid and Awards.