The Student Educational Enhancement Fund (SEEF) was established to support student learning and development outside of the classroom, directly related to a student’s program of study and educational goals. This award fund is intended to support co-curricular activities of current students (activities that do not result in academic credit).
Normally, the following types of expenses will be funded:
- Travel including flights and hotels, but excluding gas or mileage.
- Registration including conference, workshops, memberships and professional development.
- Materials including research supplies and presentation supplies.
- The SEEF does not cover food expenses.
Please be aware that we will only reimburse/fund for expenses explicitly approved in the application.
- The EEF is not available to be used for tuition, books, student fees, or other costs related directly to academic course work.
- Students are limited to a maximum award of $500 per academic year (September 1st-August 31st).
- Approval is subject to availability of funding each semester and volume of requests received.
- Funding requests must be submitted a minimum of three weeks prior to the start of the event/activity that the fund will support. Failing to do so will result in the potential decline of your application if your event happens prior to the request being approved.
"EFF is a great resource that UFV offers for students to enhance their leadership skills! The funding helped me register and fly to a leadership conference out of province and acquire certain management skills that I could bring back for the well-being of UFV Residence!" - Anish Bahri, EEF recipient 2013
Any clubs, associations or groups of three or more students attending the same conference/event or activity are limited to a potential $200 each, and must submit their own applications.
Only word-processed proposals will be accepted (minimum 200 words).
The proposal should address how the activity contributes to the students' educational goals. Proposals that can clearly show a link between UFV's Institutional Learning Outcomes and the proposed activity will be given priority.
The proposal should clearly indicate the dollar amount being requested with a breakdown of types of expenses. If support is being solicited from more than one department at UFV, that information should be included.
For other types of financial assistance, students can contact Financial Aid and Awards.