What is the student newsletter?
Every Thursday, the Office of the Vice President, Students sends an e-newsletter to all registered students. The newsletter provides a concise and consolidated source of important dates, deadlines, events, opportunities, and information about services and supports available to students.
*** Please read and follow the submission guidelines below. Failure to adhere to the guidelines may result in the omission of your item from the newsletter. Click here to view a sample newsletter format.
What kind of content can you submit?
Who can contribute to the newsletter?
UFV faculty, staff, and administrative units.
How to submit your news?
Fill out the submission request form to have your news included in an upcoming issue of the Vice-President, Students newsletter.
Submissions must be received via the online form by 12 pm on the Wednesday prior to publication. If space permits and the content is still relevant, your submission may run in multiple issues.
Submit your news
In order to ensure the newsletter is timely and valuable to students, your content must meet the following guidelines:
- Headline (max. 60 characters) - The headline will appear at the top of your submission and in the newsletter index.
- Main text (max 450 characters) - When writing the supporting copy for your submission, you should:
- include all relevant details (i.e., Who, What, Where, When, Why, How),
- provide related website links and contact information (strongly encouraged),
- write in the third person (no "I" statements),
- use a student-friendly tone, and
- be student-centric (think about what students need to know and want to know rather than what you want to tell students).
Important: To optimize the management of the newsletter content, the office of the Vice-President, Students reserves the right to exclude submissions determined to fall outside of the newsletter mandate. We also reserve the right to edit submissions to ensure each entry is concise, clear, and student-focused.
Consider including an image to make your submission more engaging. If you do not provide an image, we may choose one on your behalf.
All photos must be clear, clean, professional, and appropriate to the article.
- Acceptable file formats: .PNG,. JPG, .JPEG
- Maximum file size: 1MB
- Recommended orientation: landscape
- Quality: high resolution, minimum 300px wide (image height can vary). Images that are of poor quality will not be used.
Online tools like PicMonkey can be used to crop photos.
Note: Images for which permission has not been obtained (copyright images, images of individuals who have not signed a photo release form) will not be published.
We are unable to include attachments other than images as part of the newsletter.
Questions or concerns about the newsletter?
Please contact the office of the Vice President, Students at firstname.lastname@example.org.