Low-Impact Events: We can Help
Creating a successful event can be challenging, and creating a sustainable event can be even more difficult. Facilities and the Centre for Sustainability is here to help, though, so don't worry!
We are able to assist with planning zero or low impact events, coordinating recycling and composting bins, and volunteering at events related to sustainability.
Let us know how we can make your event eco friendly. Send us an email at least 3 weeks in advance to ensure assistance is available.
Past Low-Impact Events at UFV
UFV Reaching Out Together: Connections Through Social Work
The first international conference at UFV had the opportunity to set the bar high for sustainability. Conferences traditionally have a relatively high impact, and it can be difficult to reduce it.
Some of our changes:
- No disposable waterbottles were used during the conference. Instead, jugs and reusable waterbottles were available.
- All 250 participants received programs printed on recycled paper
- Composting & recycling encouraged and promoted throughout the conference, and at shared meals
- Buses were used to transport participants to and from the hotel each morning and afternoon
- Minimal packaging on food provided during the conference
- Re-use of decor available
Thanks to the Social Work department for reaching out to us.
Read more here.
Staff Welcome Back BBQ, August 2015