How can I access and use my UFV student email?
Access your email from two locations:
- my.ufv.ca allows you to read your email and access other computer resources
- myMail allows access to student email only
- Example: Mary.Smith@student.ufv.ca
- Note:Common names may have sequence numbers added to email address
- Example: Mary.Smith1@student.ufv.ca
Email Storage Space
- Web-based e-mail message storage space is limited to 300 mb. Student mailboxes will not be increased in size. Please ensure you are diligent in keeping your mailbox under the size limit by regularly deleting email, and saving attachments to your student home directory on the network (R: drive). Reminder that all folders including the inbox, sent and deleted items etc. count towards your storage space quota.
Email client or mobile device setup for student email
- Due to SMTP configuration on the server, POP and IMAP configuration for set-up in 3rd party clients, or on mobile devices, are not configurable for STUDENT Zimbra email.
Students are suggested to use the Zimbra web interface at: https://mymail.ufv.ca/
Forwarding Your Student Email
You can forward messages to another email account if you choose, although the IT Services department does not recommend it. We recommend that:
- Students not forward email from the student.ufv.ca email system to a non-UFV email system.
- Students always use their UFV email address when contacting instructors.
- We can't guarantee that you will receive messages forwarded to another email system. A forwarded message could bounce if your inbox is full or otherwise unavailable, or it could be blocked altogether by a spam filter.
- Your external email provider domain may be blacklisted on the UFV spam filter system. UFV will not remove blacklisted domains. This means you may not be able to send from that email address to a UFV address.
- Email sent from a non-UFV email address to a UFV address may be blocked by our spam filters without notification to you or the recipient. Your instructor or other important recipient may not receive your email at all.
- The UFV-assigned email address clearly identifies you as a student. For example, email from email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org may be flagged as spam in an instructor's inbox, and be deleted unread.
- If you are submitting an assignment close to deadline, the UFV email system will get it to your instructor on time. Other email systems may delay sending email, which could cause assignments to be delivered late to your instructor’s inbox. This could result in deducted marks or worse, depending on your instructor's late assignment policy.
- If there is a problem with the UFV student email system that can be readily identified to instructors by IT Services. Non receipt or delay of a forwarded email address cannot be verified by IT Services for instructors.
- If there is a problem with your email forwarding reported to the IT Service Desk, the fix will be to remove the forwarding. Additional investigation will not be undertaken.
If you choose to set-up email forwarding regardless, please follow the instructions found at: