Register early to get the best classes for Fall 2013
Get a registration appointment
Priority registration for international students for fall classes will begin on June 18, 2013. Registration appointments will be available through myUFV on May 17, 2013.
Find out which courses you need to take
If you are in a program other than ESL, review your program's guidelines to make sure you know which courses you need to take.
If you are not sure which courses you need to take to meet program's requirements, visit an advisor or attend an info session.
Look at the timetable to choose your courses
Build your schedule
Use the timetable worksheet to build your schedule. You can use the Interactive Course Finder to help build your timetable. Be sure to check for time conficts; schedule a lab, if necessary; and ensure you meet the pre-requisites for the courses you choose.
Register for courses at your appointment time
- Register online: Use your completed timetable worksheet and log on to myUFV. You can register at home, in the ESL Lab, the kiosk outside UFV International, or a UFV drop-in lab. You will need to pay with Visa, Mastercard, or American Express if you register online.
- Register in person: Take your completed timetable worksheet and your to the Admissions and Registration office at your appointment time. You can pay by cheque, credit card, bank transfer, money order, or cash.
Tuition: Fall tuition is $6675. Ancillary Fees: $310. SUS Medical/Dental: $159.92
Please note: Students who do not pay all tuition and fees at the time of registration will be de-registered without notice.
Double-check your receipt and timetable
- If you register online, print a copy of your payment confirmation as a receipt as well as your timetable. Check your timetable to make sure that you are in the courses you want on the days and times you want.
- If you register in person, check your registration receipt to make sure you are in the courses you want and that they are on the days and at the times you want.
Check your registration status frequently
After you register, problems may crop up, if you do not meet prerequisites or payment is not processed promptly. Check your registration status frequently to identify problems quickly and secure your seat in high-demand courses. Check your UFV student email account regularly. See an advisor if you have questions.
Important registration notes:
- Don't miss Important Dates for Fall 2013. If you register without the prerequisite(s) for a course, you need to get a Permission to Register form signed by your instructor.
- If you are on a wait list and a place opens for you, claim it as soon as possible.
- Make sure that we have your current address, phone number, and email. Check your contact information on myUFV and update it, if necessary.
- If you register in person, check your registration status the next day. The status may change after the evening prerequisite check is completed.
- Are you in ESL or Foundation? If you will meet the English requirements for academic study by Fall 2013, see an advisor for course and program planning before you register.
- If you meet the requirements (English, math, GPA, etc.) to change your program, complete the ProgramChange.pdf and submit it to UFV International. There are many advantages to declaring your program, including earlier registration dates, access to reserved seats, and more.
- Get additional registration and course planning links and resources, such as waitlists, forms, registration codes and more.