Mathematics and Statistics
This section specifies the Mathematics Honours discipline requirements only. Please refer to the Bachelor of Science and Mathematics major sections for information on additional requirements.
A minimum CGPA of 3.33.
How to apply
Once students have the entrance requirements, they are eligible to apply for entry into the Mathematics Honours program. In order to submit an application, students will need to provide the following:
- Mathematics Honours program application form (available from the department assistant).
- A copy of their transcripts (these do not need to be official transcripts).
Students should submit their application materials to the Mathematics and Statistics department assistant. The department head will then approve the three year plan.
To earn a Mathematics Honours students must:
- Complete the requirements for the Mathematics major.
- Complete the following courses:
||Topics in Discrete Mathematics
|MATH 255/ ENGR 255
||Ordinary Differential Equations
||Probability and Stochastic Processes
||Advanced Linear Algebra
|or MATH 439
|or MATH 444
- Earn a minimum grade of B in MATH 499 (Honours Module) offered in conjunction with one of MATH 370/STAT 370, MATH 438, MATH 439, MATH 440, or MATH 444.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.00 on all upper-level MATH and STATS courses attempted.
For complete details on courses see the MATH or STAT course descriptions section.