Visual Arts major
This section specifies the Visual Arts major requirements only. Please refer to the Bachelor of Fine Arts section for information on additional requirements.
Foundation studio: 12 credits
- One of VA 101 or VA 113
- VA 115
- VA 116
- One of VA 119, VA 160, or VA 180
Core studio: 36 credits
Lower-level core studio requirements
- 18 credits chosen from 200-level VA courses
Note: In order to be eligible to take the required upper-level courses, students must ensure they complete the appropriate lower-level prerequisites.
Upper-level core studio requirements
- Nine credits chosen from VA 321, VA 331, VA 351, or VA 383
- Nine credits chosen from VA 322, VA 332, VA 352, or VA 384 (see Note)
Note: Theatre minor or extended minor students may substitute THEA 370 for one
studio IV course.
Art History: 20 credits
- AH 102 and one additional 100-level Art History course
- AH 200 and one additional 200-level Art History course
- One of AH 314 or AH 315 and one additional 300-level Art History course
Capstone courses: 16 credits
- VA 360
- VA 401/AH 401
- VA 402
- VA 403/AH 403
- VA 404
Additional requirements for BFA with a Visual Arts major
Additional program requirements will be met in part by fulfilling the requirements noted above. The following must also be included in the 120 credits required for the BFA:
- At least 15 upper-level credits that count towards the major must be completed at UFV.
- The following courses must be completed at UFV, and may not be aquired through transfer or PLAR: AH 401/VA 401, VA 402, AH 403/VA 403, and VA 404.
Students declaring the Visual Arts major must complete the following six courses with a CGPA of 2.33:
- VA 101 or VA 113
- VA 115
- VA 116
- VA 119, VA 160, or VA 180
- Two Art History courses
For further information on the declaration process, please see the BFA section of the calendar.
For complete details on courses see the
course descriptions section.
Return to main Visual Arts page