Associate Professor, School of Business
Dr. McQuarrie joined the School of Business in 1995. She holds a Ph.D. in organizational analysis from the University of Alberta; an MBA, a BBA (with majors in English and business), and a Certificate in Liberal Arts from Simon Fraser University; and a Diploma in General Studies from Thompson Rivers University. She has taught at Athabasca University, Simon Fraser University, the University of Alberta, and the University of Prince Edward Island. Dr. McQuarrie has also been Associate Dean of UFV’s Faculty of Professional Studies and co-chair of the School of Business. She is currently on a part-time secondment as the Special Projects Coordinator at the BC Council on Admissions and Transfer.
Dr. McQuarrie is the Divisional Liaison on the executive of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada, the professional and academic association for faculty members in Canadian business schools. She has also been an executive member of the Gender and Diversity in Organizations division of the Academy of Management, the largest international association for business faculty members. She has also served as a board member for several business, governmental and community organizations, including Village Credit Union, the City of North Vancouver Library Board, the City of Coquitlam Gender Equity Committee, the Prince Edward Island Community Legal Information Association, and the City of Coquitlam Parks, Open Space and Leisure Facilities Master Plan Advisory Committee.
Dr. McQuarrie’s research interests include the interaction between work and leisure; organizational theory; labour relations; and organizational diversity.
BUS 201- Human Resource Management
BUS 203- Organizational Behaviour
BUS 304- Organization Theory and Application
BUS 305- Industrial Relations
BUS 407- Gender and Diversity in Organizations
- McQuarrie, F. (2009). The struggle over worker leisure: an analysis of the history of the Workers Sports Association. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (in press).
- McQuarrie, F. (2009). In good faith?: an analysis of the features and outcomes of duty of fair representation cases. Relations Industrielles/Industrial Relations (in press).
- McQuarrie, F. (2008). Canadian employers support for employees leisure commitments: an exploratory study. Leisure/Loisir, 32(2), 629-648.
- McQuarrie, F. (2006). Introducing Work-Life Balance at Oxford Manufacturing. Case study in McShane, S. (2006), Canadian organizational behaviour (6th edition), Toronto, ON: Pearson Education. Reprinted in 4th American edition.
- McQuarrie, F. (2006). Breaking kayfabe:The History of a History of World Wrestling Entertainment. Management Organizational History, 1(3), 227-250.
- Nkomo, S., Fottler, M., McAfee, R. B.,McQuarrie, F.. (2005). Applications in human resource management: cases, exercises and skill builders (1st Canadian edition). Toronto: Nelson Thomson.
- McQuarrie, F. (2002). Industrial relations in Canada. Toronto: John Wiley Sons Canada. 2nd edition published 2005.
- McQuarrie, F. (2005). How the Past is Present(ed): A Comparison of Information on the Hawthorne Studies in Canadian Management and Organizational Behaviour Textbooks. Canadian Journal of Administrative Studies, 22(3), 230-242.
- McQuarrie, F. (2003). Breaking kayfabe: an exploration of the history of the history&. In Nagao, D. (ed.), Academy of Management Best Papers Proceedings. New York, NY: Academy of Management.