Dr. Frank Ulbrich
Director, School of Business
Dr. Frank Ulbrich, Director School of Business, joined the University of the Fraser Valley in October 2013. He holds a PhD in Business Administration from the Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden.
Prior to joining the School of Business, Dr. Ulbrich held positions at universities in Canada, Sweden, and the UK, where he most recently directed the PhD program at Newcastle Business School.
Dr. Ulbrich is a strong proponent of fundamental and applied research. He is actively involved in the Association for Information Systems and the Organization Systems Research Association. His research concentrates on the development, strategic management, and use of information and communication technologies in the context of organizational design, managerial intent, and the impact on people. He has published numerous refereed articles, book chapters, and conference proceedings.
Dr. Ulbrich is an Associate Editor of the Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Track Chair at the Americas Conference on Information Systems, and member of various editorial review boards.
- Ulbrich, F. and Schulz, V. (2014, forthcoming) Seven challenges management must overcome when implementing IT-shared services. Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal.
- Ulbrich, F. (in press, 2014) Shared services. In: Straub, D and Welke, R. (Eds). Wiley Encyclopedia of Management, 3rd ed., vol. 7, Management Information Systems. Chichester: Wiley.
- Ulbrich, F. (2013) Shared service trajectories. In: Keuper, F. and K.-E. Lueg (Eds.) Finance Bundling and Finance Transformation. Wiesbaden: Gabler-Verlag, 117-132.
- Ulbrich, F., Christensen, T., and Stankus, L. (2011) Gender-specific on-line shopping preferences, Electronic Commerce Research, 11(2), 181–199, DOI: 10.1007/s10660-010-9073-x
- Ulbrich, F. (2010) Adopting shared services in a public-sector organization. Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, 4(3), 249–265, DOI: 10.1108/17506161011065226 (Highly Commended Paper Award Winner)
- Ulbrich, F. (2010) Deploying centres of excellence in government agencies. Electronic Government: An International Journal, 7(4), 362–379, DOI: 10.1504/EG.2010.035721
- Ulbrich, F. (2009) How interpersonal conflicts influence IS-sourcing decisions. Strategic Outsourcing: An International Journal, 2(3), 208–222. DOI: 10.1108/17538290911005135 (Outstanding Paper Award Winner)
- Ramirez, A., Hine, M. J., Ji, S., Ulbrich, F., and Riordan, R. (2009) Learning to succeed in a flat world: Information and communication technologies for a new generation of business students. Learning Inquiry, 3(3), 157–175. DOI: 10.1007/s11519-009-0043-y
- Ulbrich, F. (2008) The Adoption of IT-Enabled Management Ideas: Insights from Shared Services in Government Agencies. Stockholm: The Economic Research Institute.
- Ulbrich, F. (2006) Improving shared service implementation: Adopting lessons from the BPR movement. Business Process Management Journal, 12(2), 191–205. DOI: 10.1108/14637150610657530