There are some events at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre to be aware of, as they affect traffic and parking congestion on and around campus.
August 2016 events:
- Aug 20: Kabaddi: 5:30pm
- Aug 26: Kabaddi: 5:30pm (event cancelled)
- Aug 27: Punjabi Versa Concert: 8:00pm
September 2016 events:
- Sept 3: Kabaddi: 5:30pm
- Sept 9: Five Finger Death Punch Concert: 6:45pm
- Sept 10: Kabaddi: 5:30pm
- Sept 17: Kabaddi: 5:30pm
- Sept 18: Blink 182 Concert: 7:00pm
- Sept 24: Kabaddi: 5:30pm
October 2016 events:
- Oct 1: Professional Bull Riding: 7:30pm
- Oct 13: Kenny Rogers: 8:00pm
- Oct 15: Our Lady Peace Concert: 7:00pm
- Oct 18: John Fogerty Concert: 7:30pm
- Oct 20: Slayer Concert: 7:00pm
- Oct 22: Cross Fit Competition: TBD
- Oct 23: Cross Fit Competition: TBD
November 2016 events:
- Nov 16: Mamma Mia Musical: 7:30pm
- Nov 18: Michael W. Smith & Amy Grant Concert: 7:00pm
- Nov 23: Celtic Thunder Concert: 7:30pm
Here is some parking information to assist UFV students and employees at the Abbotsford campus when events are taking place next door at the Abbotsford Centre (AC).
- Plan ahead. Go often to AC's event calendar
- Read about upcoming events in commuter alerts and parking advisory notifications in UFVToday.
- Come to campus early.
- Enter and exit from McKenzie Road.
- It is recommended that students and employees park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 1, 2 and 6-10 to avoid the traffic and the crowds during an event. Regular daily pay parking rates apply all day and evening. Student e-permits and employee permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employees may park in designated (employee/student/public) Lots 2a, 4 and 5 at regular daily pay parking rates before 4:00 pm and remain parked throughout the evening. Park after 4:00 pm, and you will have to pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are valid in these lots.
- Students and employee permit holders may park in lot 10b (gravel lot).
- Students and employees may park on city streets at Gillis Avenue, College Drive, and McKenzie Road at regular daily pay parking rates until 6:00 pm. After 6:00 pm, either move your vehicle, or pay the event rate. UFV parking permits are not valid on city streets.
- Students and employees will be unable to park at Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow pay parking at AC.
- UFV student e-permits and employee permits are not valid on city streets, or at AC's Student/Public Early Bird and Overflow parking lots.
For more info check out AC's Event Calendar