UFV Research Support
Teaching Research Option (RO)
Scholarly Activity Option (SA)
VP Academic Task Force on Research & Scholarship Recommendations
Application Information for the 2015/16 Academic Year
Below is detailed information for teaching faculty members on how to submit an application for an RO or SA release for the 2014/15 academic year:
- Application Deadline is Friday, October 31, 2014.
- Determine which application stream best fits your proposal.
- The application form has all instructions and guidelines.
- Complete the Reseach Option & Scholarly Activity Application Form online PDF form. There is a separate 2015-16 RO Application Form for Major Grant Holders.
- Send a copy of your application package to your Department Head and Dean for their information.
- Submit your application by emailing ROSA.email@example.com. Remember to attach all supporting documents. Your email with the application is considered the signed application form.
- Once submitted, applications will be distributed to the appropriate subcommittee.
- The Teaching Faculty Research Option subcommittee and the Scholarly Activity Option subcommittee function as separate committees.
- As in the past, the 80 releases in total available to both committees will continue to be used to support approved research and scholarly activities.
Review of applications will normally be completed by January 31, 2015.
2015-16 ROSA Application Form
2015-16 RO Application Form for Major Grant Holders Fillable Word Doc
View the workshop slideshow here.
Final research reports are required and must be submitted to the Research Office by September 12, 2016. A reminder email, along with a report template and instructions, will be sent to faculty who receive Research Option or Scholarly Activity releases.
Please email ROSA.firstname.lastname@example.org.