Making UFV more Sustainable for Work and Study (Proposed Terms of Reference)
Devoted to making the University of the Fraser Valley more sustainable for work and study, we are a committee made up from various pillars on campus. The Centre for Sustainability is an umbrella group focused on bringing together all things sustainable on campus. UFV aims to conduct all activities in a manner that demonstrates management accountability and promotes responsible stewardship of social, economic, and environmental issues.
- UFV promotes a consistent responsibility and due diligence concerning issues of a social, economic and environmental nature.
- Mandates a respectful, clean, healthy, and sustainable environment for all employees and students.
- Requires that prompt actions are taken to identify and remediate environmental risks.
- Help to define sustainability visions, values, and outcomes at UFV.
- Provide recommendations on sustainability to various departments based on best practices and priorities.
- Provide information on future trends and options as well as seminars and forums for discussion on sustainability across the institute.
- Collaboration with the Facilities Department, Sodexo, Campus Planning, and all other related departments on campus to promote sustainable initiatives.
- Help consolidate all Department and School plans into an Institute-Wide summary report to create awareness of what UFV is doing to advance sustainable actions. This can be done by promoting and celebrating successes and lessons learned.
- Promote involvement and commitment to sustainability as a key value of UFV.
- Form a hub through which public, private, and not-for-profit organizations can share date, cooperate on projects, and coordinate efforts.
Connect with us!
Find us on Twitter: @green_UFV
Contact Patrick.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved or to find out more.