UPCOMING EVENT: Join SFS for a student Roast Beef Dinner
February 10th, 4 - 6pm @ U-House
Cost: $2.00 - proceeds to local food bank.
Featuring BC potatoes and carrots and organic salad
Students for Sustainability is a driving force for sustainability both on campus and in the community.
Watch out! SFS students are active, and have been nothing short of successful!
Over the past 5 years, SFS (formerly known as the Enviro Club) has worked closely with the UFV, governments, non-profit organizations, and businesses to promote sustainability and bring about positive change in the UFV communities.
Some of their endeavors and advocacy initiatives have included:
With efforts big and small, this student group is working hard for a more sustainable future.
- Organizing and Running a successful U-Pass Campaign
- Hosting the 2009 BC Sustainable Campuses Conference
- Various education and outreach activities
- Working with local community groups to implement recycling at UFV
- Water fill stations on campus
- Environmental site clean-up
- Hosting Imagine a Sustainable UFV
- Helping with Bike -to-Work week
- Growing an on campus organic salad garden
- Hosting Vegetarian Organic Dinners at U - House
- Delivering the Petition for Transit Link To Chilliwack and Abbotsford Council
- Recycling of Textbooks
- Organic Salad Party at Welcome Back BBQ and Thanksgiving Dinner
- Compost 101 presentation slideshow
- On Campus Trash Audit
- Sustainable Articles in The Cascade
- Maintenance of Environmental Bulletin Boards on Campus
Check out the SFS vision, mission statement and governance at About SFS
For more information on meeting dates and location, please contact Students for Sustainability