A safe and gradual return to campus
Health and wellbeing are UFV’s main priorities.
As we approach the end of the Fall term, it’s important to remember we are in the midst of flu season and while we have progressed in the COVID-19 pandemic battle, BC’s health experts indicate influenza and other respiratory illnesses are on the rise.
We encourage all members of the UFV community to join us in keeping our campuses healthy and safe as we navigate this challenging time together.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 variants, please remember to:
- Check daily for symptoms of illness and stay home if you have symptoms or are sick (and contact your supervisor to discuss options)
- Consider wearing a mask, especially in enclosed areas where people are in close proximity. Masks remain optional and it’s important to respect that many people may or may not choose to wear one
- Get vaccinated for the flu and COVID-19 and stay current with booster shots
- Wash your hands regularly
- Practice respiratory etiquette: cover coughs and dispose of tissues appropriately
- Use sanitizer stations on campus
As we have done throughout the pandemic, UFV will monitor the COVID-19 situation and adhere to the guidelines recommended by the Provincial Health Office. Should they change, UFV will adapt accordingly and communicate frequently.