Drop-in Tutoring at the ASC
You want to meet with a tutor but you haven't booked an appointment? No problem--we have some virtual meeting rooms set up in Blackboard Collaborate that are perfect for you.
How to access online drop-in tutoring:
To access ASC online drop-in tutoring in askASC Blackboard Collaborate, please follow these steps:
- Log into Blackboard MyClass.UFV.ca
- Click on Courses at the top right
- In the Course Search bar, type ASC
- In the search results, under Course ID, hover over the title askASC and then click on the arrow that appears
- Click Enroll
- Click Submit
- Click OK (bottom right of the screen)
- You have now successfully joined the ASC drop-in tutoring online space.
- The navigation list in the askASC course has an option called "Drop-in Tutoring" which explains how to access the tutoring rooms. (Or...you could just click on the "Collaborate" option to immediatley see a list of all of the rooms that are available.)
Please note that some of our drop-in rooms are reserved for students in specific areas or disciplines and some are for any student to use. The name of the drop-in room should make it clear which is which.
Once you self-enroll in the askASC course in Blackboard, you will be able to attend any of our workshops and access all of our resources.
Check back in the Fall 2022 semester for Saturday drop-in tutoring
PLEASE NOTE that tutors at the Academic Success Centre do not provide support for students during or about their exams.
To join a tutor’s drop-in room, go to the Collaborate tab in askASC. Scroll through the list of tutor rooms to find an open room, or click on the magnifying glass icon at the top of the list to search for a tutor’s name or subject area.