Be part of BC's Academic Integrity Week: October 18-22, 2021
International Day of Action
Against Contract Cheating
Oct. 20, 2021
What is "contract cheating"?
"The term contract cheating describes the form of academic dishonesty where students get academic work completed on their behalf, which they then submit for academic credit as if they had created it themselves." www.contractcheating.com
What is the International Day of Action Against Contract Cheating?
The International Center for Academic Integrity brings together academic institutions from all over the world to provide webinars, discussions, resources, contests, and more to help students, faculty, and staff understand, avoid, and prevent contract cheating. Download ICAI's Resource Guide here.
What's happening at UFV?
- POSTER PLEDGE: write or record your intention about contract cheating and academic honesty. Take a selfie and post it on social media tagging @ufvasc
- MEET an Academic Integrity Mentor: student peers at the Academic Success Centre can answer your questions about academic honesty and academic misconduct
- Online QUIZ: because it isn't a learning opportunity without a quiz, right?
- WIN a PRIZE: a UFV hoodie and cool swag from the ASC! Pizza (delivered to your home*!) sponsored by UFV's Teaching & Learning Centre! How to be entered in the draw? Create a Poster Pledge and tag us on social media @ufvasc and/or meet with a mentor and do the quiz (you can be entered twice!)! *in Canada; UFV students, staff, and faculty are eligible to win
What's happening globally?
- ENTER the STUDENT MEME CONTEST: Submissions must be received by 4 p.m. EST on Friday, Oct 15, 2021, so the top three cash prize winners can be announced on Oct. 20. Read the contest rules and submission details
- Attend the STUDENT IDoA WEB EVENT: post-secondary students from around the globe will engage online in marking the International Day of Action Against contract Cheating (IDoA). There will be a special live broadcast at 10am EST (7am PST) with a global group of students. Register for the student web event here.
- Attend an EXPERT PRESENTATION and PANEL featuring Thomas Lancaster (UK), Billy Kelly (Ireland), Zeenath Khan (UAE), Rowena Harper (AUS) and Sarah Eaton (Canada) starting at 11am EST (8am PST). Register for the expert presentation and panel here.
JOIN US in the Academic Success Centre all week to talk with an Academic Integrity Mentor or a Learning Strategist.
We're in Abbotsford G126, Chilliwack CEP A1204, and online in Blackboard askASC (Collaborate room)