When you are choosing your textbooks, keep in mind the following information:
- Visit the publisher website and enter the ISBN to check if there is a new edition and if the title is still in print.
- Bundled, looseleaf or textbooks with electronic codes can not be sold back to students as a used textbook.
- Ask your Representative if the title has an e-text option and provide that ISBN with the physical textbook ISBN.
- You can view the current inventory of the Bookstore via the Online Adoption Website.
- Custom publications are not always cost efficient; sometimes the return policy is 10-15% of the original order and can result in thousands of dollars that your department would be responsible for.
- Work with other Faculty members to standardize adoptions for courses with multiple sections, this eliminates confusion when students purchase their books.
- If you ask students to purchase textbooks or materials outside the Bookstore, Sponsorship students will be unable to purchase these items.
Winter 2018 Submission Deadlines
The following dates help us insure that we can have everything on the shelf by the first day of classes:
Textbook Adoptions are due October 15th
Coursepack Requests are due November 15th
General Merchandise orders related to courses are due November 15th