Get support to change your business idea into reality
Budding entrepreneurs looking to turn their brainstorms into reality can now access a new resource at the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV).
The Entrepreneurship and Process Innovation/Incubation Centre (EPIIC) has partnered with the Canada Discovery Foundation to provide funding and expertise to Fraser Valley residents in search of consultation and resources to take their business from vision to reality.
UFV and EPIIC welcome business proposals from all interested individuals and organizations residing in the Fraser Valley including current and former UFV students, young entrepreneurs, and small to medium size businesses.
Proposals will be evaluated by a panel comprised of faculty members from the UFV School of Business, representatives from the Discovery Foundation, and community stakeholders.
Proposals focusing on areas of high potential growth such as internet-related activities and initiatives, high-tech ventures, and information technology-related concepts will receive priority. EPIIC will give preference to projects with low environmental impact, high scalability, a minimal amount of operational inventory, and the possibility of an immediate global market.
Winning proposals will be provided capital and expertise and will be incubated to commercialization. The originator of the concept or business will retain primary ownership in the project.
Use the form on this page to submit your proposal before April 15, 2016. Ensure that your proposal include the following:
- Your contact information
- A one page description of the proposed business concept
- A brief explanation of how the concept can contribute to the economic diversification of the Fraser Valley
- A summary of the type of resources required and expected (financial support, business expertise, human capital, etc.)
- A brief statement outlining the long term sustainability of the project
- A description of the expected profitability of the venture in the first year and the size of the anticipated target market
The first round of proposals will be assessed after the proposal submission deadline. Consultation and the incubation of the winning proposals will start soon after.