Exercising in air pollution: What do we know, what don’t we know and what can practitioners do to help clients?
This course is targeted towards exercise professionals such as Kinesiologists and CSEP CEPs/CPTs. The course will introduce the effects of air pollution in relation to exercise, health, and performance. Students will learn about different types of air pollutants, their health effects, and implications of air pollution exposure during exercise, in addition to strategies to minimize the health impacts of air pollution during exercise.
The course will consist of a mixture of lectures, activities, unit quizzes, and an end of course quiz (approx. 2 h of lectures plus 1.5-2 h of activities).
- Unit 1: What is air pollution and how does it affect health?
- Unit 2: What are the health/physiological effects of exercising in air pollution?
- Unit 3: How can exercising in air pollution affect exercise performance?
- Unit 4: Strategies to mitigate risk.
Exercise and Air Pollution Course Outline
Delivery method: Online with no scheduled meeting times
- This course will be asynchronous and can be completed in your own time.
- The course is available for completion until August 31.
- The course is valued at 1 credit per hour for BACK and 3 credits in total through the AKA.
- This course is valued at 4 BCRPA continuing education credits.
- This course had been accredited for 4 CSEP professional development credits.
For any questions regarding the course please contact
Hanna Pahl: email@example.com or Luisa Giles: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jun 15–Aug 31 | 40234