Welcome to campus, new students! This event on the Abbotsford Campus welcomes you to our UFV community on the first day of your upcoming semester. Connect with peers in your incoming class, get to know your Faculty of study, meet UFV departments and services, and find out how to join student clubs and associations.
Please note that attendance to the Day ONE student orientation event, is only available to UFV students currently enrolled in one or more courses in the Summer or Fall 2023 semesters.
Check out the New UFV Students webpage
to find Student Orientation resources and events available to all UFV students!
When: September 5, 2023
Where: UFV Abbotsford Campus (33844 King Road)
Who's invited: All new students beginning their studies at UFV in the Summer and Fall 2023 semesters
How to join: All students are strongly encouraged to RSVP to this event.
What to expect
Meet UFV President Dr. Joanne MacLean, the Dean from your faculty of study, and your Student Union Society – who are all here to congratulate you on the first day of your first semester UFV!
Faculty Welcome Sessions
Get to know your program faculty, meet fellow students enrolled in your program, and get advice about studying at UFV. (Available for select programs only. More information coming soon)
UFV Services Fair
Find out about the services and supports available to UFV students, and get connected to UFV Student Clubs & Associations. Enjoy games, prizes, and more!
RSVP for this event
All students are strongly encouraged to RSVP to this event. UFV wants all students to feel welcome at this event! Any students who require accessibility or dietary accommodations are encouraged to RSVP for this event at least 10 days in advance to allow the Orientation team time to meet your needs.
RSVP for this event will open in July 2023
IMPORTANT NOTE: After you RSVP to this event, your Orientation Team will send you emails on how to be prepared for this event, including how to check-in on event day. Keep an eye on your inbox for important updates!
How to be prepared
- Consider how you're going to get to campus. Are you riding your bike? Carpooling with a friend? Taking public transit? Plan your trip with this google maps link to check how long it will take you to get here
- This event takes place indoors, but you will be walking outside on the UFV Abbotsford campus, so you are advised to wear comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to use at the fill stations on campus. Snacks and pizza dinner will be provided.
Looking for more event information?
Click on the link below to find out what to expect for your Day ONE event, including accessibility and dietary accommodations, what you should bring with you, and how to get to campus.
View full event details
UFV campus tour procedures follow current Health Authority guidelines. For information UFV's current response to COVID-19, please visit the Coming to Campus webpage.
Get Student Orientation Updates!
Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter to get more updates about your Day ONE campus event, and other important Orientation information!
Participate in Day ONE activities for new students!
Connect with new students on the first day of their first semester at UFV, and promote your faculty, department, club/association, or society!
How you can participate:
- Faculties of study - Each Faculty is invited to host an interactive and informational session for students in their programs. For more information, or to sign up your faculty, contact Orientation @ufv.ca.
- Deans & Admin staff - Check your inbox for an invitation to speak or participate in this semester's Invocation ceremony! To RSVP, or ask questions about the ceremony, email Orientation @ufv.ca.
- Departments & Services - All UFV departments and services are invited to host an interactive information table at the afternoon Services Fair out on the Abbotsford Campus Green. To sign up your department, please complete this Day ONE Event Host Form. If you have any questions about the services fair, please contact Sheila.McKay @ufv.ca
- Student Clubs, Associations, & Societies - All student groups are invited to represent their group by hosting an game, activity, or table at the afternoon Services Fair at various locations around the Abbotsford campus. For more information or to sign up your student group, please contact myCampuslife @ufv.ca
UFV is located in the traditional territory of the Stó:lō peoples, where Halq’améylem is spoken. The Halq’améylem word given to us for Student Orientation is Tl’etl’axel, which means "to invite people to gather in one community."
Visit our New Students page to learn more about the meaning behind the the Orienation logo, and Chantelle Trainor-Matties - the Indigenous graphic designer and UFV alum who created it.