Employee Tuition Waiver Program
The Employee Tuition Waiver program offers permanent UFV employees the opportunity to apply to have the course fees waived for a course or courses which an employee, an employee’s spouse, and/or an employee’s dependent intend to enroll in at UFV.
Access Tuition Waiver form
Tuition Waiver Online Form (click link to go to the form)
Employees must submit waiver requests to HR before classes begin each semester as indicated on the Office of the Registrar's website. An emailed PDF will ensure a record of the submitted waiver.
Late waiver requests: Employees who submit waiver requests to HR after the first day of classes of each semester are not eligible for this benefit.
The following describes the range of waivers granted:
- Eligibility for UFV employees to receive a course tuition waiver applied to any one University credit course per semester.
- Eligibility for UFV employees to receive a tuition waiver applied to one additional University credit course per semester, provided no fee-paying student is displaced.
Note: An approved waiver under either of the above categories does not include entitlement to pursue a course or courses during an employee’s regular working hours. Requests for leaves or for flexible hours arrangements need to be pursued through the normal processes, beginning with the employee’s supervisor.
Spouse and dependent waivers
- Eligibility for spouses to receive tuition waiver applied to any one University credit course per semester, provided no fee-paying student is displaced.
- Eligibility for dependents to receive tuition waiver applied to up to five University credit courses per semester, provided no fee-paying student is displaced.
Notes: Spouse and Dependent waivers do not include ancillary fees, Student Union Society fee, the Cascade Newspaper fee or the application for admission fee.
A Spouse or Dependent is also responsible for paying the registration deposit fee. Should a waiver be granted, it may generate a refund of this fee.
- An employee, spouse, or dependent who withdraws from a course or courses is responsible for the cost of any refund penalties assessed.
- UFV Trades Programs are eligible for waivers only as approved on an individual application basis. The Associate Dean may make a decision to grant a waiver within the first week of classes provided no enrolled or waitlisted fee-paying applicant will be displaced as a result.
◄ Professional Development