Build your managerial skills within a flexible degree program
- Currently working in a leadership or supervisory role in your organization, or seeking to take your career in this direction?
- Wanting to complete your Bachelor’s degree while continuing to work part- or full-time?
- Looking for a program with flexible learning options, including online, full- or part-time, PLAR, and ability to use transfer credits?
Pursue specialized management and leadership education in the Concentration in Applied Management in the Bachelor of Integrated Studies (BIS). Build your practical and applied skills, knowledge, and confidence and improve supervisory and managerial performance, while you engage in case-and scenario-based learning activities.
What you will learn in this program
The concentration is an 8-course (24 credit) program with a management focus designed primarily for adults working in the private, non-profit, and public sectors. Courses include:
- MGMT 310: Cultivating Positive Workplaces
- MGMT 320: Effective Communications for Managers
- MGMT 340: Performance and Cost Measurement
- MGMT 350: Creativity and Innovation
- MGMT 400: Ethical Management
- MGMT 410: Leadership and Management
- MGMT 440: Business Excellence
- MGMT 460: Business Intelligence
Customize the rest of your BIS degree to meet your professional and educational needs. See more information on the BIS degree requirements here.
Entrance Requirements: Concentration in Applied Management
Students must already be accepted to the Bachelor of Integrated Studies before applying to enter the Concentration in Applied Management. For more information, view the UFV calendar to see the Bachelor of Integrated Studies requirements.
To apply to the Applied Management Concentration, students must have:
- Completed at least 45 university-level credits (can be transfer credits or PLAR)
- One of CMNS 125, CMNS 175, CMNS 251, or equivalent
- A minimum CGPA of 2.00 on all University courses completed
- Two years of paid work experience in a managerial or managerial track position. Applicants without this experience are not required to submit a resume and may complete BUS 100 and BUS 203, or equivalent, in lieu.
Note: As this is a limited entry program, all qualified applicants may not be admitted. Some courses in the concentration have STAT 104 as a pre-requisite.
How to Apply to the Applied Management Concentration
Step 1: Apply to the Bachelor of Integrated Studies program.
Visit the Admissions application page for instructions.
Step 2: Meet with an academic advisor
After you are admitted to the BIS, meet with an advisor to discuss your entry into the Applied Management concentration. Your advisor will evaluate your academic record and help you make a plan to meet the Applied Management requirements.
Visit the Advising Centre to make an appointment.
Step 3: Submit your Applied Management application
Once you have completed your Applied Management entrance requirements, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your current resume, identifying any supervisory, leadership, or management experience.
- If you don’t have management experience, you may complete BUS100 and BUS 203 or equivalent.
- Expression of Interest Form . The expression of interest form for application to the Winter 2022 intake will be available for download on September 15, 2021.
Winter 2022 intake:
- Application deadline: November 3, 2021.
- Applications for Winter 2022 will be accepted after this date if space is available.
* A person interested in applying to the BIS and the Concentration in Applied Management can apply to both at the same time. However, the availability of seats in the Concentration will not be contingent on acceptance into the BIS degree.
View the frequently asked questions page for more information about the Concentration in Applied Management or email us at email@example.com.