Masks are mandatory at UFV
Masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces on all UFV campuses including classrooms, shops, lobbies, washrooms, hallways, stairwells, elevators, and labs. By order of BC’s Public Health Officer, masks must be worn in all UFV indoor public spaces except if alone in a private office or workspace.
Do wear your mask:
- When moving around indoor campus spaces
- During UFV meetings (i.e. meetings tied to the academic or administrative operations of the University)
- When meeting students during office hours (in-person)
You can temporarily remove your mask:
- When presenting or teaching in an indoor educational setting if there is two meters or a barrier separating you and the other people in the room.
- While seated and actively eating or drinking; it is encouraged that this is done in areas designated for eating such as the cafeteria and in break rooms.
- While seated behind a barrier separating you from other people (e.g. a cubicle or divider) or when alone in a room.
- While participating in UFV organized physical activity or at a fitness facility.
- To communicate with a person for whom visual cues, facial expressions, lip-reading, or lip movements are essential.
- To engage in an educational activity that cannot be performed while wearing a mask (e.g. playing a wind instrument).
- For the purpose of identifying the individual.
Permanent mask exemptions are available to those who are unable to wear a mask.
How to request an exemption:
If you are a student
Apply through the Centre for Accessibility Services
If you are faculty/staff
Follow HR’s established process for medical accommodation requests
Further details are available in UFV's operational guidelines for non-medical masks/face-coverings